Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Okay, I stink at keeping up to date on my posts.

Things I've done recently:

  • Had our housewarming party during the floods - our basement stayed bone dry, thank you
  • Got bronchitis/pnenomia
  • Went to DMB at Alpine Valley while on meds for above conditions
  • Worked my ass off getting my room in order
  • Developed a filing system that works for me (instead of PILES of papers on my desk)
  • Planned the entire English 10 semester out - complete with calendar
  • I've been experimentally teaching a team-taught class (which is going great, BTW)
  • Spilled a cup of noodles all over my laptop
  • Was asked to be a special guest at a swim meet because I've positively influenced one of the girls on the team
  • Working on starting a video club
  • Thinking ahead to Mock Trial
  • Obtained THREE project pass kids (when I couldn't even get one last year)
  • Pissed and moaned about not having info on special needs kids when I need it
  • Had an awesome discussion in said team-taught class
  • Got a sweet riding lawn mower
  • Got screwed by our old landlord who bounced the deposit check they gave us, thus causing us to be $800 in the hole
  • Screamed at the old landlord regarding the bounced deposit check
  • Decided that we need a budget so we don't end up like the landlord and his homeschooled ditz of a wife who is now having their fifth child, which they obviously cannot afford

Okay, I now sound like a complete maniac, which may or may not be true. I just want to teach kids the best that I can, pay my bills, and enjoy my house, my husband, and our pets. Is that so much to ask?







2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

New house, DMB, big news on the teaching front. You've been busy!

andi said...

no it's not so much to ask.

and yay for swim meets!

hope the school year is going well...hope to actually see you guys soon!