Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Well, it's official - Adam's lost his job. We sort of knew it was coming, but it's nonetheless painful. He has been blowing the whistle on the director for some time now and it's backfired. This guy is totally bilking the school - he drives their vans instead of his own, he "gets his pay" through gift cards purchased by the school, screams at employees in front of students, questions staff members' committment to the school (although he routinely disappears and no one knows where he is throughout the day), tries to hold staff to things which are not even remotely part of their contracts...I could go on and on and on.

To make matters worse there have been a total of 3 Social Studies jobs and 2 SpEd jobs open at my school and Adam has only gotten 1 interview. I don't know what the hell is going on in this town but it sure seems like someone is trying to tell us to get out. The problem is I'm not done with what I want to accomplish here (like getting tenured, starting up the video journalism program, and kicking ass with Mock Trial) and we now own a home in this community. But I'll say that I'm wanting to stay here less and less at the moment.

We are extremely hardworking people totally and utterly committed to education and our students and for Adam to continually get screwed and passed over for jobs he deserves, well, that's just like a swift kick to the gut over and over again. I'm so angry I'm writing, crying and shaking all at the same time.

Anyone want to hire a fantastic, committed, and passionate Social Studies/EBD/LD teacher?

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I'm so sorry; and I know it sucks to know you did the right thing even if the right thing bit you.