Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Well, no one has said boo about the student accusations as of late. I'm willing to move on, and as far as I know, so is the student. Good.

Mock Trial as started, and I think we're past the craziest parts - assigning roles, collecting money and signed slips, schedules, etc. The only problem now is that I have too many students and only so many slots to fill two teams for regions. I should have registered for one more team, but our school has always had two, never three. Looks like I'll be doing some cutting later in the season. The good news is that I can bring three teams to all of the invites and then decide who I'll need to cut down to two teams. But I'm not excited about that in the least.

I'm home sick today with what I'm assuming is the beginning of a sinus infection. I ran to school, made sub plans (most times it's easier to just go to school sick than to make sub plans) at 6:30am, came home, and proceeded to sleep until noon. You can't tell me I didn't need that.

Now I'm biding my time until I'll need to jump in the shower and head back to school for a 2:45 video club meeting. I couldn't cancel that. The flyers have been up for 2 weeks! It always seems like when I am out sick I need to run back to school for some meeting that I can't cancel. I guess I'm just that committed!

In other news we went to an auction last weekend (before T-giving) and totally scored on a bunch of old art prints, vintage advertising items, a two straight-back caned seat chairs, and an amazing cane-seat rocker. We ruled that auction, plus it was at a VFW about 45 minutes away and we had cheese curds, which we usually only get during fair season in the summer. It was a blast. Oh, and we also got 10 old wooden fruit crates with the cool adverts on the ends for $1! I *heart* auctions. If I could pick another occupation it might be "Auction Commentator." There are so many characters at these events, the auctioneers are always a hoot, and we find the most amazing deals. At the one we went to about a month ago I scored a signed turquoise and sterling cuff bracelet and from what I've seen it is likely worth upwards of $200-300 based on the artist's other pieces. Plus, it's a fun way to spend a non-school related weekend.

1 comment:

Berne said...

You're definitely committed. Keep on rockin!