Monday, October 02, 2006

Week five. Another referral down, many more to go, I'm sure. I won't go into the sordid details about a crappy SpEd teacher who lets students cheat on tests by giving them the answers. I won't get into the details about the girl who tells me each and every day how many times she's been raped. I won't go into detail about the show 5 of us English teachers put on as the Spice Girls on "Dream Job" day. I won't go into detail how I didn't quite make it all the way to the Homecoming game since a bottle of really good Reisling got in the way. I won't go into detail about how crazy my room looks with project posters plastered over every spare inch. I won't go into detail how I ran for 8+ blocks to the homecoming float I was to ride on with a huge box of candy to throw, or even about the ride I got from a cop so I'd make it on time. I won't got into detail about my extra chatty AP class - so chatty that I had to make a new seating chart.

I will say how utterly exhausted I am, how contented I feel, and how much I'm really making a difference. I will say that I am in love with and in awe of my co-workers. I will say that despite the ups and downs of teaching, I was made for this job.

I am in full realization of the contradictions I've made with the above statements. Too bad.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, but even without the details, we get the big picture, don't we?

You were certainly suited for this.

Berne said...

You are indeed.